Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Assignment #7 English Song

Taylor Swift - Mine


Artist: Taylor Swift
Album: Speak Now (Deluxe Edition)
Song: Mine
Lyrics:

Uh, Uh ,Uh oh

You were in college working part time waiting tables
Left a small town, never looked back
I was a flight risk with a fear of falling
Wondering why we bother with love if it never lasts

I say can you believe it?
As we're lying on the couch
The moment I could see it
Yes, yes, I can see it now

Do you remember we were sitting there by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

Flash forward and we're taking on the world together
And there's a drawer of my things at your place
You learn my secrets and you figure out why I'm guarded
You say we'll never make my parents' mistakes

But we got bills to pay
We got nothing figured out
When it was hard to take
Yes, yes, this is what I thought about

Do you remember we were sitting there by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

Do you remember all the city lights on the water?
You saw me start to believe for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

And I remember that fight, 2:30 a.m.
As everything was slipping right out of our hands
I ran out crying and you followed me out into the street

Braced myself for the goodbye
'Cause that's all I've ever known
Then you took me by surprise
You said I'll never leave you alone

You said I remember how we felt sitting by the water
And every time I look at you, it's like the first time
I fell in love with a careless man's careful daughter
She is the best thing that's ever been mine

Hold on, make it last
Hold on, never turn back
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

Do you believe it?
We're gonna make it now
I can see it
I can see it now

Background: When I face a lot of pressure of examination in high school, my classmate suddenly playing this song. This song's melody is very appealing to me, let me go home listening on the Internet over and over again. After that, I began to explore the content of the lyrics, but also knowing Taylor swift for the first time. 

My comments: This song reflects couple from honeymoon period to get married, facing different challenges by each stage. The contents of each word presented to unfold in our life. Whenever humming along with the lyrics, will have the impulse to want to love. 
And my favorite lyrics is about three lines:
I was a flight risk with a fear of falling, wondering why we bother with love if it never lasts.
And I remember that fight, 2:30 a.m., as everything was slipping right out of our hands.
Hold on, make it last. Hold on, never turn back. We're gonna make it now.

When there is no fall in love, often do not know the taste of love. But after falling in love, are often unable to extricate themselves. After marriage, the most realistic problems is faced overhead. Quarrels between lovers is a necessary process, also the most sweet burden. Love is so, let people love to hate. This song written life, even more written into people's hearts, and this is why I love it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment